Collaborative assistance for operational and learning processes in companies by means of mobile and interactive multimedia applications
Starting with predecessing research projects at the university of Passau a multimedia-based Knowledge Management System for creating, viewing and managing interactive instructional videos has been developed that can be embedded directly into intra- and inter-company business processes.
- It enables each member of the targeted audience(s) of each individual video (members of staff, customers, etc.) to conduct technical or motoric tasks quickly and accurately.
- By means of several collaboration functions each user can record and report issues on-the-spot to foster discussion, query existing instructions to already solved problems, or receive different approaches to possible solutions from other users.
- The content can be extended or adapted with (new) content at run-time.
- Due to the richness of possible content, the medium hypervideo is highly applicable for various realistic use cases that involve transfer of knowledge (see application scenarios of our partner companies: 1st cycle, 2nd cycle).
Demo of the 2nd validation cycle: Instructions for the Sensor ILD 1420/1320
|Project partner||Micro-Epsilon GmbH|
Demo of the 1st validation cycle: The digital pelvic floor trainer
|Project partner||clinic Prof. Schedel|
Key objective to the validation project at hand is to offer a cost efficient, multimedia-based knowledge transfer system for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) that can be adapted to the unique needs of these companies, ensuring compliance to data protection requirements and employees' co-determination (German "Betriebsverfassungsrecht").
The possibilitiy of economical exploitation will be reviewed in three application scenarios:
- supporting the company knowlege management (business-to-employee and business-to-business)
- for consumer-oriented knowledge management (business-to-consumer)
- as a crowdsourcing platform for knowledge transfer throughout the world wide web (consumer-to-consumer)
If successful, new services and software products will be created which can sustainably increase the knowledge management efficieny in SMEs and are flexible enough to adapt to the requirements of diffferent ranges of use. All in all, companies using the system can improve both their work flows and competitiveness.
Once the project is finalised, the technology will be commercialized either by software licensing or by establishing a spin-off.
|project leader||Prof. Dr. Michael Granitzer|
|involved chairs and facultie|
|Duration||September 1 2013 - August 31 2016|
|sponsor||Federal Ministry of Eduction an Research|
|funding programme||Validating the InnovationPotential of Scientific Research (VIP)|