The validation project mirKUL is an interdisciplinary scheme in the fields of information, communication and economic sciences and law.
The required interdisciplinary epertise is brought along by professors and research assistants from five chairs/professorships from all four departments of the University of Passau:
- Department of Informatics and Mathematics:
- Chair of Media Informatics
- Chair of Distributed Information Systems
- Faculty of Law:
- Chair of Public Law, IT Law, and Legal Informatics
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities:
- Chair of Computer-mediated Communication
- Faculty of Business and Economics:
- Chair of Information Systems II
Britta Meixner (PhD) is among among the three award winners of the award "Frauen + Medientechnologie" (in engl. "women + media technology") 2015 by ARD/ZDF for her dissertation "Annotated Interactive Non-linear Video - Software Suite, Download and Cache Management".
- With the award "Frauen + Medientechnologie" the public-sector broadcasters ARD/ZDF try since 2009 to encourage talented women to consider the production and distribution of audiovisual media as part of their study program. The most convincing articles are rewarded annually with three prizes (more details (in german)).